One of a Kind Project

Saturday, July 24

The Goddess's Apple and Walnut Cake

1/2 cup golden raisins
6 tbs rum
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp walnut oil
3/4 sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
1 pund apples - peeled, cored and cut
zest of 1 lemon
3/4 cups walnut (optional)

Put golden raisings and rum (or water) into saucepan and bring to boil, then remove from heat, letting the raisins plump up aromatically.

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Beat oil and sugar in a bowl.
Add eggs one at a time, beating until it looks like light mayonaise.
Add the dry ingredients to the mixture, folding with a metal spoon.
Stir in apples, lemon zest, drained raisins and walnuts.

Smooth the fairly stiff batter into greased cake tin.
Bake for 1 hour.
Serves 6.



Blue Plate by Beeworks

For me, the Goddess-in-the-making...
I didn't have golden raisins. I used yellow raisins instead.
I skipped the rum.
I didn't have walnut oil. I used olive oil instead.
I love brown sugar. So, I used it instead of regular castor sugar.

The batter came out really, really stiff. I panicked and thought it may come out looking like biscuits! So, I added some milk.

Go to Beeworks Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home