One of a Kind Project

Friday, July 23

The Earl of Sandwich didn't think of this one...

Sambal Sandwich Filling

Makes 2 small jars

300g (10oz) dried prawns
5 fresh red chillies
3 dried chillies
1/2 cup shallots, peeled
4 tbs oils
sugar to taste

Wash dried prawns and soak for 5 minutes in hot water to soften.
Save soaking water.
Soak dried chillies in hot water to soften.

Process dried prawns until fine.
Remove, then process chillies and onions until fine.

Heat oil in wok and saute spice paste until fragrant.
Add a little shrimp water.
Add dried prawns.
Continue to fry until golden brown.
Add sugar to taste.

Cool and store in jar.


Excellent with bread!

Rescue 911
Since my sambal turned out too salty, this is what I did:
Resoak the whole sambal in hot water (I know...I know...this is unconventional....but I'm making up for my earlier mistakes)
Cut some potatoes into cubes.
Strain the sambal from the water.
Fried the sambal in the wok with the potatoes, minus the shrimp water.

Apprarently, potatoes can suck out the salt from the dish.

Result: It's less salty now....but it's still potent.


How do I get the salt out of my system?

I wonder whether if I eat some potatoes, it will suck the salt from my bloodstream.

I am thinking....

Meanwhile, one jar goes into my suitcase.

Go to Beeworks Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home